Followers

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Birthday Boy




Hi, I hope everyone had a blessed day....the weather has been whirling around outside with snow and rain; the weatherman said it has been the snowiest February ever in NW Ohio. All I know is it has been cold...bbbrrrrrr,,,,LOL
Well on to my latest endeavor....I made a Birthday card for a critter loving boy. I used  this little guy  from Bugaboo Stamps Digi store.
I used three layers of Bazzill cardstock in cream, two being embossed using Cuddlebug folders. I punched the edge of brown Bazzill cardstock with a the "Moroccan" edge punch from Martha Stewart and also embossed it. All pieces were inked with Distress ink.


I printed two images and colored everything with Derwent pencils and baby oil. I cut out the hat, frosting and candle and pop dotted them on each corresponding area, them used Glossy accents on those areas and set it
 aside to dry. I forgot to say, I first attached it to a piece of burnt sienna handmade paper which which has alot of crinkled texture to it..

 

I created the sentiment in Word, with the Word Art option and attached it to a piece of  brown cardstock which I then cut out, leaving a small amount of the brown showing. 

I created an embellishment with a leaping frog (he's so cute!) from my button stash and  brown cardstock, which I had punch with a Martha Stewart edge punch and adhered it to the sentiment with two-sided tape. I inked the edges and frog with Brown Corduroy Distress ink.

After the glossy accents was dry I attached the sentiment to the focal point.

I also used a black flourish from Way2Scrap

To finish the card of I used morecream carstock inked layers on the inside for a sentiment to be written on.

I am so happy with the way this little guy and his frog buddy turned out. I hope he makes some little boy smile! 

I am entering this little friend in the following Challenges...
Send a Smile #4 Birthday Boy March 5 TOP THREE


Well, I certainly hope you enjoy these little critters as much as I do and that you leave me some kind words and send some friends on over to visit. The more the merrier! God's blessing to you all,
Debby

29 comments:

  1. hi Deb, this is such a cute card, that naughty monkey is soooooooo adorable and you have some lovely details on your card

    thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those olde worlde colours

    kitten DYSU team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love the colours you have used! Thanks for joining us for Little Claires very first challenge! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card fab distressing thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card with such great details sweetie.
    Thank you for joining us this week at
    sketches In Thyme
    Hope you come back real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, thanks for joining in this weeks OSCC. Hugs Shelley xx
    Some candy on my blog if you want to enter...
    http://www.blog.onestopcardcrafts.co.uk/2011/02/one-stop-card-crafts-4th-birthday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card I so love the image, colours and design the use of the border punch looks great thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness..this is just precious! Thanks for taking the time to play with us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card !! thanks so much for joining our challenge at SendASmile4Kids

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card! I love the colors and the cute image. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy challenge.
    Hugs, Rleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Debby, this is FABULOUS!! I love all the browns and how you added all that gorgeous distressing. Thanks so much for playing at WHOOPSI DAISY challenge this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debby, wonderful detailled card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at DYSU this week! Janna

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous, love all the detail. Thanks for joining our Bling it On challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun masculine card! Thanks for playing with Sketches In Time Thursday Takes.
    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card! Absolutely love the image and all the fancy details. Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card! Love all the details and your coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing card! I love how you combined the images and enhanced them with glossy accents! Thanks for joining PTT this week and we hope to see you again soon!

    Patchi
    PTT-DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Deb this is gorgeous! Fab colours and soooo much detail - LOVE IT!

    Thanks for joining in with our 'Bling it On' challenge this week over at Top Tip Tuesday :)

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Deb, this is a wonderful Birthday card! The colors are fabulous and so rich looking! Love the detailing, too! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC Challenge with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that Bugaboo image too!!! You've used great colour tones. Thanks for joining us at the Send a Smile 4 Kids Challenge Blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this card, the colours tone in really well and I like the use of the card sketch too.
    A really awesome card.
    hugs carol thanks for joining us at SendASmile4kids challenge blog this week

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE this !! So rich with the colors and so fun with the characters!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like this card. I like the colors, the curve of the sentiment - the simplicity and the layout that you followed is perfect. Thanks for joining us this week at Top Tip Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a amazing card!
    And thanks for joining us at digital tuesday :)
    I hope you see next week!!
    Hugs Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the colors on this beauty!! Love the embossed layers and the image is too cute!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketches In Thyme!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful distressing!! And I love your curved sentiment with that darling frog!! Thanks so much for joining our CCEE distress challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. what a fun card. I love all the colors you used. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so adorable Debby, a perfect boy's card! Way too much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete