Followers

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

DT CCC "Movable Parts"




Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone is having a spectacular day! Time sure is flying; Can you believe we are in June already?!? Course maybe I feel this way cause I turned 60 yesterday; it sure does not seem that long. Yikes! Lol...

We have some Wonderful  sponsors for our "Movable Parts" challenge. And here they are...

Stitchy Bear is offering digi stamps


Crafty Individuals is offering stamps and papers


Kim Sutton is offering card template packs

For this fortnight's Challenge we were asked to create movable parts on our project, made with Stitchy Bear Stamps. I love all the artists at that store but this sweet image is created by Stitchy herself and I adore it!.
 I chose not to use a sentiment on the card so when I actually use it, it would be could for any occasion like, a new baby,or a new sibling, or love, the possibilites are endless.

The little ones are colored with copics and have been pop dotted on the over lapping paper doilies I got at Joanne Fabrics. And the doilies are mounted on a blue and cream stripe DP by K&Company
and that inturn is mounted on white then blue Bazzill cardstocks, respectively. 

The dual colored 1-1/2 " ribbon I purchased out of the $1 bin at Michael's; it looks like raw and refined silk and it is yummy. I should have bought more...lol. The narrow organza ribbon is from Hobby Lobby and I used it to string the baby bottle charm on to and attached it to a small bow (this is my movable part). All of the pearls are also from Hobby Lobby [they have 50%sales off a lot in the summer...it's called the "Bridal Event"] in the floral/bridal dept. That's were I also get a lot of my flower rhinestones and sheets of singles as well.


Here is my second card. "Scarlette" is also from Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps and is by Beary Dust Stamps.
I usually don't do goth but this was fun.


The digi was already black with a hint of purple, my favorite color btw so I chose Black Bazzil  and an unknown Purple Pearlized Swirl cardstock. It looks gorgeous in person, I wish my lighting was better.
Thebase of the card is the Spellbinder Grand Cailbur Label One die and the focal image and other mattings are Label


I made the focal image hinged and it swings open to reveal a hinden message "what's up?". the handle was punched with the Stampin' Up word punch.
The swirl flourishes are from Want2Scrap and the purple rhinestonesare  "Recollections" from Michael's.


Since I had so much fun creating these cards now it's Your Turn...be sure and go to the  Creative Craft Challenge Blog and enter your creations to randomly win some terrific Prizes! 

I am so old and ...I mean jazzed.... that you came by to visit. Be sure and leave some loving, it is ALWAYS appreciated. The best to each and everyone of you.
God's Blessings and Hugs.
Debby

2 comments:

  1. Both f the cards are beautiful but I love the sweet baby card.

    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled across your blog when I was blog hoppiong. I love your cards. It's great to find another Christian crafter. You can check out my blog if you wish. www.theantiquewardrobe.com . Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete